Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A new Day

Worked at the Torch all morning and just put a little dent in my new custom orders! Spent from 5 am to 9 am just printing labels and shipping. Then hit the torch. On a lighter note I "think" I found a cool color combo that I like. I am working on some sets that have been driving me insane - lol. I can't wait to open the kiln tomorrow to see if my vision came to pass!!! I filled the first kiln and after making mom dinner I am going to crank up my back up kiln and go back to bead making :) - I would call it work, but I really do enjoy making beads - its the "other" stuff - the up keep of the Studio, laundry, cooking, dusting - now THOSE things are work. I have always wished that I could tolerate "messy", but I just don't work well in that type of enviroment - so I have to make the beds every day, do the dishes etc.... lol.

Last week I actually left the Studio "messy" when I was done - I have to say I felt a bit "naughty" - lol, and sort of liberated. However, that didn't last long....I was not happy to return to the pick up the next morning!!! So I guess my "liberation" had a price! I would so love to get an assistant, but with fuel and glass prices rising, that dream is always just a bit out of reach - I want to keep my beads priced so people can afford to love and use them!!!

OK - I checked in for today, and by about 10 or 12 pm tonight (NY time) I will have some new sets up - I did manage to clean yesterdays goodies after doing the shipping this am. Off to make an easy dinner pancakes, eggs and bacon - my mom's favorite dinner. LOL.

"see" you all soon!

No comments: