Thursday, July 19, 2007

Opps

GG HOME

NOTICE - some of you complained that you couldn't make any comments on my blog unless you joined Google - I think I may have finally fixed that so anyone can make a comment or two. Just remember always be kind - lol.

So in my last blog post I went on a bit about a column I wrote with no response - well, opps....my fault the magazine did email me, and I apparently missed it - so all that whining by me was all for naught! Thank goodenss I didn't announce that I wasn't going to be doing it. Just goes to show you that you should never jump the gun and assume until you KNOW. Or at least that is what I learned this week - lol.

I am hoping to get some time in the Studio to create next week - it looks like the rest of the this week and weekend will be used to finish custom orders. I have to admit that I really love making beads for people that I "know" via the net... It is kind of cool to make a bead, pendant or bead set that brings another artist's ideas to life.

I hope all of you that belong to GG Studio received my email in regard to the recent Bead and Button show. Apparently a few of you saw my pendants there and were concerned that some other glass person had "ripped me off" and made Touch Stone Pendants for a designer. The truth is that they were my pendants made especially for a wonderful teacher at the show. But it was so nice to know that some of you would take the time to "protect" my ideas. I am so grateful for such a dedicated GG Designer family. I have known so many of you for years now, and we have all grown together.

I can hardly believe that I have been working with glass for over 14 years now - time has just flown by. I can still remember the first time I sat myself down at the torch, both thrilled and terrified. So many of you have grown with me, even mentored me. I am forever grateful for all of you.

Well, it is a bit late - 9:30 am here in NY and I have to get to the torch and run to the post office to mail more beads :).

GG HOME

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your beads You are an amazing artist and designer.
THANK YOU. JM

Anonymous said...

Dear DeMarie I just found your blog and I wanted to thank you publicly for everything you have done for me and my business. You were always willing to share and give of your time and knowledge and I am so blessed to know you and have you design for me.
Blessings
Carrie-Anne

Anonymous said...

Hi DeMarie I am so glad to be part of your beading world. You have always inspired me and my jewelry making. I think you have made me feel like I am somebody in the art world and I am so grateful to you.
Marc Pepebles