Friday, July 13, 2007

Added New Sets and will be making more Conch Shell Pendants by Monday

GG HOME

My goodness - I can't believe how fast time seems to fly as you get older. I was amazed that I had let almost a week go by before posting again. I have added a few new designs to the site and some really fun lampwork disk beads for those of you who love to wirewrap. I really had a ton of fun making these and then putting them together. The finished design is actually prettier then the pictures. I guess because the picture is flat and these are so 3D.

I finished my design column for the Troy Record this week and last week took at least 4 hours to put together a column for an online magazine. It now appears that the online mag is a bust - didn't hear a thing back from them and I am a bit miffed at the lack of consideration a business can have. I guess what really upsets me is that I made an announcement to the local readers of my column and now I have to do a correction. No matter - I have always found that some things just work out for the best, if even at first you don't see the reasons behind a situation they usualy make sense down the road!

On a much better note I submitted a design idea to a major bead mag - can't tell you who yet- and they answered. Of course I won't know for a bit of time yet - but it was encouraging to have a response. From what I can tell they start taking projects 4 or 5 months in advance of publication so it may be quite some time!!

So I am now off to make more beads - I have some ideas for some really neat organics - we shall see what the flame brings today. See you all soon.

GG HOME

No comments: