Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Good Morning!


OK - today I am going to share a bit of a personal stuggle - lol. My YOYO weight - jeez - what a mess. I have spent my entire life on a diet!! Now, I have to admit that I have never had much patience in my life - I like a quick fix, but I realize that the stresses of the last year or so have made me turn to my old friend ice cream, alot of ice cream!! Unfortunately this friend came with a few pounds. So last week I joined Planet Fittness, I am so pleased - this gym is so in line with what I needed. The perfect place for those of us that are shy to go to those "pick-up" or "show-off" gyms. No grand standing is allowed, there is a dress code and the people that go there are REAL. I am so excited.

The other thing I have conquered is a bit strange. Over the last year I developed all sorts of aches - I mean ACHES - everywhere. It seemed like every joint in my body hurt all day, all the time - I kept thinking it was the extra weight or possibly stress. Well I am pleased to tell you that they are gone - almost completely - and all it took was an internet search.

A few days ago I Googled, words like joint aches etc...and came upon a site that discussed that some people are effected by Splenda. Well, I use Splenda in everything (I suppose I thought it would make up for all that ice-cream). Well, it has been 3 days now since I have used Splenda and I am blown away by the difference. So if you find that you consume alot of Splenda (remember it's in soft drinks, diet tea etc...) and you are achy all the time, try this quick fix. Certainly showed me how important it is to pay attention to what you put in your body.

So friends I am on my way to getting myself back on track, and I find that the workout at Planet Fittness has really helped me to feel better about myself and inspire a bit of art in me too!! I am going to give myself 6 months of intense reworking and then I am going to show you before and after pictures - I promise. Since I am still in the before mode I am going to wait so I don't feel so horrible about the before picture :) - I will even give you starting weight and ending weight - NOW that should motivate me to keep doing the right thing!

No comments: