Friday, November 30, 2012

It's almost 2013! Lampworking and beads continue

It was bitter sweet to read the posts I have made in this blog - my last being at the end of 2010 almost three years ago!  Mom has passed away since then - in July 2012 - just a bit over 4 months ago.  It was a hard transition for me and I am just now recovering.  It is hard to spend such a large chunk of your life being responsible for a person and then one day wake up and find yourself only having to basically worry about you.  It has not been easy for me at all - there are days when I am grateful that mom is at peace, at the end she was bed-ridden and did little but eat and sleep.  Since she was always such an active person, so full of life, this was hard for her and me.  But there are days when I just wish I could see her for a brief second, just a second or two :).  Reading some of my old posts gave me just a glimpse of the her today. 
Mom

I have also said good-bye to my beloved dogs that traveled with me to California in 2008 - both Buster and China have crossed the Rainbow Bridge - they lived very long fun lives, and I miss them dearly.  Since I am not one to live in a home without furry friends I did rescue another - her name is BeBe and she is a Coton de Tulear.  She has a "fur brother" named Sampson who is a Chipin (a Chihuahua, Minature Pincher mix) BeBe is 9 pounds and Sampson is only 3 pounds - so between them they are just 13 pounds - but boy are those 13 pounds full of life!!  Sampson was a gift to my grand-daughters, from their mom and dad,  for "graduating" Natalie from kindergarten and GG from Pre-K.  Its hard to believe that when I last wrote neither one was in school - I miss those days of togetherness, but I am so happy to see them growing into such wonderful little girls! 

I don't see my niece Grace much these days - unless you count facebook stalking :) - she is busy enjoying her first year of High School and "old" aunts don't fit into that mold for now.  I know if I wait patiently for a few more years she may find me interesting again - lol.  Thanks to her, I am still on the ex-smokers list - going strong since June of 2009.  I didn't do it cold turkey - I went the e-cig route, the best decision I have ever made.  If you are thinking of ever going that route please be aware that there are "programs" out there that have you join up and get a e-cig starter for just a tad bit of $$ - the trick is they then start charging you monthly - do NOT join that.  If you are truly interested in quiting and using a quality product check out Totally Wicked, they are honest, dependable and they stand behind their products.  If you need help getting started just shoot me a comment and I will help you get started. 

So now that I have updated you on my "new" life.  I hope you will return to see what I have been creating and learning in this new journey life has tossed at me. My new design - owls

No comments: